Sunday, May 29, 2011

Em's Mulch Men/ Warm Fuzzies


I remember buying a creature like this long ago for Breast Cancer Research fundraising. I had him on the dashboard of my old car until he faded so much he was white and the clear eyes were black. That little guy went with the car. Now I have a new car I kept thinking that I wanted a new mulch man to go with it. For Australia's Biggest Morning Tea at work I thought I could make them to fundraise, so I made a whole heap to sell. They were really popular with the guys showing up everywhere on people's desks etc.

I used pre-made pink pom-poms, 10mm craft eyes (plus some smaller ones), and improvised with the feet by using adhesive felt hearts, which also eliminated having to also put double sided tape on them.

My Mum had them when she was younger and called them mulch men, so that's what I've always called them. I don't know what they really are called. Warm fuzzies are also a cute name for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment